Arian Catholic Theological Society (ACTS) Forums  

Go Back   Arian Catholic Theological Society (ACTS) Forums > Arian Catholic Affiliations > Arian Catholicism and Messianic Judaism
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Arian Catholicism and Messianic Judaism A place to discuss or ask questions about the Theological parallels between Arianism and early Messianic Judaism.

Old 1st May 2012
Bishop (Senior Member)

Danage is on a distinguished road
Default The Talmud

I have recently acquired a complete set of the Talmud, albeit translated into English. For those who don't know, after a period of oscillating between Beth Shammai Judaism and Christianity (feelings of the heart for Christianity), I feel a lot (and I mean, a lot) more comfortable as a Jew, despite the full weight of the Law being on my shoulders.

I don't know where to begin in the Talmud. The Talmud is the partial collection of the Oral Law and it has six orders in the Mishnah. I thought, however, that I could start with either Rosh HaShanah tractate or the Shabbath tractate.

I follow the Oral Law as set out in the Talmud according to haBeth Shammai (the House of Shammai), and as they say 'Shammai binds, Hillel looses', with Hillel being the house, or academy, of the Talmud that the Rabbinates keep to.

Shammai Judaism is seen as a cross between Judaism and Islam, to a limited extent. Hillel Judaism is very much the school that Jesus kept to, only agreeing with Shammai, the stricter of the two houses, on the issue of divorce. Shammai Judaism is very Quranic.

I suppose the place I should start from is the first seder (Hebrew for order).

Shalom.