Arian Catholic Theological Society (ACTS) Forums  

Go Back   Arian Catholic Theological Society (ACTS) Forums > Archives > Off-Topic Discussions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Discussions If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it'll probably be in here...

Old 4th December 2011
Bishop (Senior Member)

Danage is on a distinguished road
Default Orin Song

Hi all,

I had written, recorded, and uploaded my latest song, called ‘Orin’ a few weeks ago, and I have decided to post it here. The song ‘Orin’ is based on ‘Run’ by Snow Patrol, and is about my son, Orin White, albeit with a few twists and turn along the way. I decided to post this at this time, because a) it is his twelfth birthday tomorrow, and b) he won’t see out the end of the year.

The song Orin is the latest in a long line of songs that I have in effect re-written to make the original song different. I have now set myself the task of writing ‘I wish it could be Chanukah everyday’.

As usual, I took the instrumental of the song (as I can’t discern the words of a song at the best of times), and wrote words for that part. I then searched the internet for the lyrics, took them, re-wrote them, sang the new song and recorded a few of them.

My first famous song was ‘Live and Let Me Live’, based on ‘Live and Let Die’, other songs include ‘1999’ (based on ‘I’m Blue’/’Blue (Da Ba Dee)’ by Eiffel 65) and ‘Ha Qaraim’ (based on ‘Another Way to Die’ by Alicia Keys and Jack White. Ha Qaraim is half in Hebrew, half in English).

Anyway, here it is, so enjoy :

Orin, by Dan Davidson