Arian Catholic Theological Society (ACTS) Forums  

Go Back   Arian Catholic Theological Society (ACTS) Forums > Arian Catholicism > Doctrine and Discipline of the ACC
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Doctrine and Discipline of the ACC This sub-forum is to ask questions and discuss issues of Church Doctrine (A principle or body of principles presented for acceptance or belief; dogma) and Discipline (the system of government regulating the practice of a church as distinguished from its doctrine).

Old 29th January 2015
Deacon (Junior Member)

icebox34 is on a distinguished road
Question Do I agree with everything the ACC says?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"WHEN ALL THINGS BEGAN,
the Word already was.
The Word dwelt with God,
and what God was, the Word was." (John 1:1, New English Bible)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, a young woman shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Imman'u-el." (Isaiah 7:14, Revised Standard Version)
"In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a town in Galilee called Nazareth, with a message for a girl betrothed to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David; the girl's name was Mary. The angel went in and said to her, 'Greetings, most favoured one! The Lord is with you.'" (Luke 1:26-28, New English Bible)
Above I have posted 5 verses which I think summarize some of my beliefs. Could the above verses, as I posted them, possibly be interpreted in a way that conflicts with what the ACC says? I know that John 1:1 and Luke 1:26-28 are often quoted in favor of the trinity and the immaculate conception, which is why I used the New English Bible. Likewise, Isaiah 7:14 is often quoted in favor of the Virgin Birth, which is why I used the Revised Standard Version. So could the verses, as I posted them conflict with anything that the ACC says? Please let me know. Thanks.
Old 5th March 2016
Deacon (Junior Member)

Andreas is on a distinguished road

In one of the post I read that Jesus is the son of Josef and Mary.

I believe that the word of God is God,

and Jesus the son of God.
Old 16th May 2016
Bishop (Senior Member)

Danage is on a distinguished road
Default My response

Shalom

I am a former lay minister of the Church (now a practicing Jew), but I think I can answer your questions to a limited degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebox34 View Post
"WHEN ALL THINGS BEGAN,
the Word already was.
The Word dwelt with God,
and what God was, the Word was." (John 1:1, New English Bible)
The ACC says that John 1:1 doesn't say what most Christians say it says and, iirc, says the passage wasn't in the original manuscripts. In the ACC the 'Word' is not equated to God, but to the archangel Immanuel (I think), but not Michael. Immanuel became the man called Yeshua, or Jeshua.

Quote:
"Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, a young woman shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Imman'u-el." (Isaiah 7:14, Revised Standard Version)
To Arian Catholics the verse says 'young woman' (as it says in the Hebrew of Isaiah 7:14) and not to a virgin, as you said the RSV says. In the ACC Jeshua is seen as having been born of a young woman (the NWT translates 'almah' as 'maiden'), as that is what 'almah' means. The Church regards Jeshua to have been born of Mary and Joseph, of a normal conception, and that Jeshua was the 'Spiritual Son of God'.

Quote:
"In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a town in Galilee called Nazareth, with a message for a girl betrothed to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David; the girl's name was Mary. The angel went in and said to her, 'Greetings, most favoured one! The Lord is with you.'" (Luke 1:26-28, New English Bible)
Above I have posted 5 verses which I think summarize some of my beliefs. Could the above verses, as I posted them, possibly be interpreted in a way that conflicts with what the ACC says? I know that John 1:1 and Luke 1:26-28 are often quoted in favor of the trinity and the immaculate conception, which is why I used the New English Bible. Likewise, Isaiah 7:14 is often quoted in favor of the Virgin Birth, which is why I used the Revised Standard Version. So could the verses, as I posted them conflict with anything that the ACC says? Please let me know. Thanks.
I'm not too sure by the last passage you quoted, but the ACC regards Mary as blessed, but not a virgin.

Sorry for the very late reply. I don't come here often. I must note I don't speak with authority, given or implied, on the matter and the Church, but I was once an Arian Catholic lay minister and lay oblate novice, so I hope I've given you the answers you wanted and hope they are correct to Arian Catholic doctrine.