Arian Catholic Theological Society (ACTS) Forums  

Go Back   Arian Catholic Theological Society (ACTS) Forums > Arian Catholicism > Arian Catholic Escatology
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Arian Catholic Escatology Discussions on Escatology, or End Times Theology, and the claims of links between the return of Arian Catholicism and the Prophesies of Daniel!

Old 15th October 2011
Bishop (Senior Member)

Danage is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurian555 View Post
Thanks again, for being so friendly
That's OK. You'll find that we are a friendly bunch here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurian555 View Post
Do you remember an online thing called, MSN Groups... Man those where awesome, and you could start a community on anything and within days have members. Now it is all Facebook I guess, but with MSN Groups you had chat rooms and could decorate the site in great detail according to your own tastes. It was wonderful... I had an online church back then, preaching "Red Letter Christianity."

Anyway, Peace Be Unto You Brothers & Sisters in the One God & His Christ
Yahoo Groups might be interesting to set up (although I don't think they have chat rooms), but I had heard about MSN Groups, although I've never used them. There's also MSN Messenger and Yahoo Messenger, but they are more for chatting in real time, either by typing, or by audio or video.
Old 18th October 2011
Archiepiscopate Primus Inter Pares

Archiepiscopate Michael-John has a reputation beyond reputeArchiepiscopate Michael-John has a reputation beyond reputeArchiepiscopate Michael-John has a reputation beyond reputeArchiepiscopate Michael-John has a reputation beyond reputeArchiepiscopate Michael-John has a reputation beyond reputeArchiepiscopate Michael-John has a reputation beyond reputeArchiepiscopate Michael-John has a reputation beyond reputeArchiepiscopate Michael-John has a reputation beyond reputeArchiepiscopate Michael-John has a reputation beyond reputeArchiepiscopate Michael-John has a reputation beyond reputeArchiepiscopate Michael-John has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Archiepiscopate Michael-John
Lightbulb From SmartGroups to vBulletin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danage View Post
...Yahoo Groups might be interesting to set up (although I don't think they have chat rooms), but I had heard about MSN Groups, although I've never used them. There's also MSN Messenger and Yahoo Messenger, but they are more for chatting in real time, either by typing, or by audio or video.
We used to have an Arian Catholic SmartGroups forum in 2006 but the site was so heavily spammed it shut shut down, so I decided to invest in the vBulletin Software and set up our own sub-domain for the forum on the Arian-Catholic.org domain. This has given us absolute control over the forums and there would be more functionality available from the software if I purchased the extra license and disk space.

So I will insert a plea on the forums for donations to make this possible!

We also have an Arius of Alexandria (Public Figure) Page and Forum on Facebook and I would encourage all our members on Facebook to "Like" this page and contribute to it as often as they can. It is another channel to direct interest to the Church.
http://www.facebook.com/Arius.Alexandria

Certainly, since establishing an internet presence in 2005 the number of enquiries (by post as well as e-mail) has been overwhelming from all corners of the world and we have been able to make contact with Arian Catholics and converts in every continent. There is now immense demand on our infrastructure and clergy to grow organically to meet the needs of our faithful; as ever resourcing requires lots of funding and lots and lots of time! But, slowly and surely, we're getting there!!! This has been a dramatic change from the days of the old Arian Society in Manchester!

Mt Rev Dr Michael-John Mackenzie, BA (Hons), DD, MIOP, acOSB
Archiepiscopate - Primus Inter Pares
Senior Overseer - First Among Equals
Arian Catholic Church and Theological Society
Archdiocese of York (incorporating Northern England and Scotland)

Matt 7:13-14 NRSV “Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the road is easy that leads to destruction, and there are many who take it. For the gate is narrow and the road is hard that leads to life, and there are few who find it.” cf. Luke 13:24.
Old 18th October 2011
Deacon (Junior Member)

Location: United States of America, Taylor, AZ, in Navajo County.
Aurian555 is on a distinguished road
Default Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archbishop Michael-John View Post
We used to have an Arian Catholic SmartGroups forum in 2006 but the site was so heavily spammed it shut shut down, so I decided to invest in the vBulletin Software and set up our own sub-domain for the forum on the Arian-Catholic.org domain. This has given us absolute control over the forums and there would be more functionality available from the software if I purchased the extra license and disk space.

So I will insert a plea on the forums for donations to make this possible!

We also have an Arius of Alexandria (Public Figure) Page and Forum on Facebook and I would encourage all our members on Facebook to "Like" this page and contribute to it as often as they can. It is another channel to direct interest to the Church.
http://www.facebook.com/Arius.Alexandria

Certainly, since establishing an internet presence in 2005 the number of enquiries (by post as well as e-mail) has been overwhelming from all corners of the world and we have been able to make contact with Arian Catholics and converts in every continent. There is now immense demand on our infrastructure and clergy to grow organically to meet the needs of our faithful; as ever resourcing requires lots of funding and lots and lots of time! But, slowly and surely, we're getting there!!! This has been a dramatic change from the days of the old Arian Society in Manchester!

This vBulletin forum is much better than yahoo or google groups to be sure. I was just pining for the days of MSN Groups, because they were free, and allowed for chatrooms and sidebars, with your own choices of backgrounds, animations, music, etc... etc... And they always attracted a crowd. I was trying to do a red letter ministry back then, and in a week we had a dozen members, just from people cruising the groups and finding us.

It seems like Facebook is attracting the bigger crowd. I just don't do Facebook. Indeed, just participating in this bulletin board has become an obsession, taking time away from my writing. I have a book cover to upload, so I can then submit my work to Prometheus Press, yet I have put it off for three days and spent most of my time online (my turn as it were) replying to posts (hehehe).

Peace Be Unto You All