Arian Catholic Theological Society (ACTS) Forums  

Go Back   Arian Catholic Theological Society (ACTS) Forums > Archives > Complaints & Infractions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Complaints & Infractions Forum for discussing complaints and infractions.

Old 8th January 2010
Presbyter (Full Member)

miseretur is on a distinguished road
Default Barack Hussein Obama II

Does enyone know is this real member or what?
Barack Hussein Obama II
I find this in member list, and I just want to ask if some one know better.
These spam guys are real trouble :/ hope we get ride of them...
Old 22nd January 2010
Archiepiscopate Primus Inter Pares

Archiepiscopate Michael-John has a reputation beyond reputeArchiepiscopate Michael-John has a reputation beyond reputeArchiepiscopate Michael-John has a reputation beyond reputeArchiepiscopate Michael-John has a reputation beyond reputeArchiepiscopate Michael-John has a reputation beyond reputeArchiepiscopate Michael-John has a reputation beyond reputeArchiepiscopate Michael-John has a reputation beyond reputeArchiepiscopate Michael-John has a reputation beyond reputeArchiepiscopate Michael-John has a reputation beyond reputeArchiepiscopate Michael-John has a reputation beyond reputeArchiepiscopate Michael-John has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Archiepiscopate Michael-John
Question User already restricted and under observation

Straight away this user was asked to verify their credentials before being granted full standard user access. So far I have not received a reply and until I am satisfied that the user is genuine, they cannot post to the forum without moderation nor send any messages except to a moderator.

I notice this user logged in the following day and uploaded some profile pictures but has not yet attempted to post any messages to the forum. I notice that the Moderated Guest account (Strangers) needed tweeking as it allowed oversized images to be uploaded; this has been resolved.

Interestingly they were able to pass through the e-mail address authentication process using what appears to be a genuine e-mail address!!! Neither the e-mail address, IP address nor user_name are registered as spam as yet. I don't feel that this user is genuine but the FBI haven't knocked on my door yet!

Although I have no objections to pseudonyms being used I cannot say that I am happy for users to masquerade as other living people, whether unlikely celebrities or not! If I was Obama, I think I would use a pseudonym unless I wanted to declare my Arianism, but surely this would invite frenzied attacks from opponents! As the rules have not yet been broken I'll give the user a chance to reconsider their position.

BTW: John Adams, the second president of the USA, was a Unitarian!

I have sent a reminder and will set a 7 day limit.

Mt Rev Dr Michael-John Mackenzie, BA (Hons), DD, MIOP, acOSB
Archiepiscopate - Primus Inter Pares
Senior Overseer - First Among Equals
Arian Catholic Church and Theological Society
Archdiocese of York (incorporating Northern England and Scotland)

Matt 7:13-14 NRSV “Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the road is easy that leads to destruction, and there are many who take it. For the gate is narrow and the road is hard that leads to life, and there are few who find it.” cf. Luke 13:24.